Male Sub-Fertility


Male Sub-fertility Treatment Options

To treat sub-fertility accurately, a treatment plan will depend on the underlying cause determined by our tests. In addition to medical treatment options, adjustments can be made to your lifestyle in order to improve sperm quality and reduce sperm DNA fragmentation.

Medical sub-fertility treatments options include:

Surgery. Varicocele may be a cause of sub-fertility and can often be surgically corrected or obstructed vas deferens repaired. Prior vasectomies can be reversed. In cases where no sperm are present in the ejaculate, sperm can often be retrieved directly from the testicles or epididymis using sperm retrieval techniques.

Treating infections. Antibiotic treatment might cure an infection of the reproductive tract, but doesn’t always restore fertility.

Treatments for sexual intercourse problems. Medication or counselling can help improve fertility in conditions such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation. Our tailored surgical procedures can improve these conditions.

Hormone treatments and medications. Your doctor might recommend hormone replacement or medications in cases where infertility is caused by high or low levels of certain hormones or problems with the way the body uses hormones.

Assisted reproductive technology (ART). ART treatments involve obtaining sperm through normal ejaculation, surgical extraction or from donor individuals, depending on your specific case and wishes. The sperm are then inserted into the female genital tract or used to perform in vitro fertilization or intracytoplasmic sperm injection.

When treatment doesn’t work

In rare cases, male fertility problems can’t be treated and it’s impossible for individuals to father a child through these methods. Your doctor might suggest that you and your partner consider using sperm donors or looking at adoption as an option.

I might be suffering from  sub-fertility, what should I do next?

If you have problems conceiving with your partner, have been diagnosed with azoospermia or want to check your sperm health then we advise you to make an appointment to see a specialist Urologist/Andrologist.

Our doctors vast expertise in treating male sub fertility and our clinic is an international referral centre for difficult cases especially those with unexplained infertility.